We count how many souls have been saved and sanctified, we thank God, and then we think everything is all right. Yet our work only begins where God’s grace has laid the foundation. Our work is not to save souls, but to disciple them. -Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest
Our Mission/Vision is simply “To serve God’s purposes and calling of the Great Commission” throughout the Dominican Republic and Latin America using baseball along with other opportunities to save the lost and establish healthy local church families.
At the Heart of the Vision is a desire for every child to experience the blessing of Godly parents in their lives, To create a community/home environment where each child can feel safe and be at peace when going to sleep; and ultimately experience God’s love through their family. Imagine a home where parents are being established in the faith through love and sound doctrine, and their children learn how to get grounded in the faith and draw close to God in an intimate relationship with Him through the example of their parents’ lives within their family.
Current Key Objectives:
- Establishing Healthy Churches – Properly trained and spirit led Leadership in the local church network is a key objective to achieving the heart of the vision. MGB through the support of Crossing’s Community Church is partnering with BILD International to train local Pastors/Church Leaders to effectively establish and expand the Body of Christ following the “Way of Christ and the Apostles”. (BILD International has been providing Church Based Theological Education (CBTE) for Pastors/Church leaders for 40 years.
- Reaching Hearts in Sports – Godly fathers, husbands, church leaders are missing from the families and church bodies. A key objective is to Disciple Coaches to become strong Men of God who will use their influence to model Christ with their players, discipling them to become men after God’s own heart, ultimately raising them up to not only have an spiritual impact for eternity purposes, but also as socially responsible leaders contributing to their own families, to their church families and their communities.”
- Relationship with God and our Families before ministry
Our Relationship with God will be the highest priority in all that we do asking him to teach us how to love him with all of our heart, mind, and soul so that we can continue to grow in intimacy with him.Servants in this ministry shall serve their families first, and this ministry shall encourage and support this with both time and money.
- Love our Neighbors
Serving and Loving in this ministry shall be the first priority in carrying out the plans to transform this vision into reality. In everything we do we love first and are servant’s first, following the greatest example of a servant’s heart that Our Lord Jesus set for us.
- Seek Wise Counsel
Through prayer we will always confer with each other and seek wise counsel before carrying out our plans, basing our plans and actions on God’s word.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
We strive for efficiency in everything we do with the desire to be good stewards of all His resources asking God for wisdom in how to do this.We strive for effectiveness in everything we do never losing sight of the outcome(s) we are striving for. We will always have a plan and monitor the results to help us determine if we are successful or not, but our plans will always be flexible enough to follow God’s leading so that he can make changes when ever he desires. If the results are not full of God’s fruitfulness we will be open to change and make healthy changes going through a pruning cycle every year.
- Pay a Man what he is Due
We pay a man his proper wage for his services and if uncertain we always error in the other man’s favor.
- Vulnerable and Transparent
Every leader of MGB shall have the humbleness and courage of heart to be vulnerable and transparent with others especially with the other leaders of MGB so that we are not divided and conquered by the enemy.
- Focus on Heavenly Rewards
The deepest motivations of our hearts will be to store up rewards in heaven so that as many men as possible will feel the touch of God’s hand on his shoulder when he enters heaven and hears Him say “Well done my son, Well done; You have brought much happiness and blessing to my heart”
- Celebrate Our Gifts
We shall always recognize that God’s work is a way to celebrate each of our individual gifts and not a way to compare our gifts against another’s.
- Strong Teams
Building, maintaining, and operating as strong and cohesive leadership team will always be of the utmost of importance. Our desire will always be to see each person serving God exactly were He has called them to serve even if that means a different ministry. We will do everything we can to bring Unity to the body/team of Christ esteeming each other more important than ourselves, and always willing to help other ministries.
We will always seek to learn, praying for teachable and humble hearts